Benefits and drawbacks of condoms
Some features of utilizing condoms:
- Whenever utilized correctly and regularly, they have been a dependable way of preventing maternity.
- They make it possible to protect both partners from STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhoea and HIV.
- You simply have to utilize them when you’ve got sex – they just do not require advance planning and are usually appropriate unplanned intercourse.
- Generally in most situations, there are not any side that is medical from utilizing condoms.
- They have been very easy to get your hands on and are offered in a number of forms, sizes and flavours.
Some drawbacks consist of:
- Some partners realize that condoms that are using intercourse – to obtain for this, attempt to make utilizing a condom section of foreplay.
- Condoms are particularly strong but may divide or tear or even utilized precisely. Should this happen for you, practise placing them on which means you get accustomed to with them.
- Some individuals could be allergic to latex, plastic or spermicides, you could get condoms which are less likely to want to cause a hypersensitive reaction.
- When working with a condom, the person needs to take out after he’s got ejaculated and before his penis goes soft, holding the condom securely in place.
Can anything make condoms less efficient?
Sperm will often enter into the vagina while having sex, even if utilizing a condom. This could take place if:
- Your penis touches the area all over vagina before a condom is wear
- The condom splits or comes down
- The condom gets damaged by razor- sharp fingernails or jewelry
- You utilize oil-based lubricants, such as for instance cream, infant oil or petroleum ointment, with latex or condoms that are polyisoprene this damages the condom
- You might be making use of medicine for conditions like thrush, such as for instance ointments, pessaries or suppositories – this will probably harm latex and condoms that are polyisoprene and prevent them working precisely